Easy Ways In Making Your Blog Visible Online
The scope of work involved in blogging goes beyond its URL. To have a successful blog is to have readers and to do this, one should have a visible blog site. The logic is simple: the more people become aware of your blog, the more traffic it will receive.
In the offline world, visibility to gain popularity can be done by implementing advertisements on the radio or at TV stations and even by providing pamphlets. So how does it work in the online world? Here are some things you can do to make your blog more visible:
1. Social bookmarking – One of the ways on how to increase your blog’s visibility is by social bookmarking it over at StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Digg and Delicious. These social bookmarking sites are able to recommend your blog to online readers who are interested with what you can provide and this in turn will generate traffic .
2. Create a Social networking account – People spend a lot of time on social networking sites, so it’s just good to have your place in there, too. Create a profile for your blog and invite people to follow it. Your followers will see the things you post on that profile so make sure those are useful and links back to your blog site.
3. Other blog sites – Find other blogs that have a similar topic as yours and leave helpful comments there. Be a talker not only on your blog, but on other blogs as well. Offer guest posting gigs, entertain link exchanges do something that makes a difference so that you will be featured in other blogs.
4. Forum site posting – You can also go at forum sites and post your ideas to consequently establish your blog’s name. Forum sites are places where people ask regarding their problems and in turn you may answer them to establish your name online. Consequently, forum users can have their own ‘signature’ in each of their posts and this includes the links to their blog site. The more you post in the forum, the more visible that link will be.
5. Other blog sites according to your demographic – Aside from similar blogs, you can also establish your presence in websites that cater to your demographic. For instance, if your blog is all about travelling to places, you can also be active over at travel sites such as the Poor Traveler, TripAdvisor or LonelyPlanet. Such websites have established their brand name online and you may want to join the bandwagon once you take part in their ‘circle’.
6. Place Ads – For a direct approach, you can advertise over at popular websites and gain visibility. Affordable ad campaigns such as Google Adwords can be your catalyst in gaining online popularity . Some bloggers solicit ‘love back’ pics from their readers. In a ‘love back’ photo, the reader is seen showing your blog URL in a creative way (using a placard, written on their body, etc.). You can also become popular in the Internet once your ‘love back pics goes viral and this can happen once a popular online celebrity recommneds your ‘love back pics in other websites.
A blog can’t just sit around and wait for readers to arrive. You also need to implement the best marketing methods for your blog’s online presence and traffic generation.